One of the challenges many businesses face is gathering comprehensive information about their leads. Trestle’s Reverse Phone API, when combined with Google Sheets and Zapier, offers a powerful solution to enhance lead data and streamline lead management processes, irrespective of programming skills. By enriching lead data, businesses can better understand customers, offer more personalized communications, and increase conversion rates.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to enrich leads using Trestle’s Reverse Phone API within Google Sheets through Zapier.
Before you begin, make sure you have the following:
- An active Zapier account. (Click here to sign up.)
- Access to Trestle’s Reverse Phone API. (You can sign up for a Trestle account on Zapier, or you can sign up directly on the developer portal.)
- A list of leads in a Google Sheet with phone numbers.
Creating a Zap in Zapier
- Log in to your Zapier account.
- Click on “Make a Zap” to start creating a new automation.
Configuring Trigger and Action Steps
On the Zapier-Trestle page, click on the ready-to-use Google Sheets template.
Trigger Step (Google Sheets)
- Choose “Google Sheets” as the trigger app.
- Select “New Spreadsheet Row” as the trigger event.
- Connect your Google Sheets account and choose the lead sheet you created.
- Zapier will pull a sample row to set up the template. Ensure that the phone number column is correctly mapped.
Action Step (Reverse Phone API)
- Choose Trestle’s Reverse Phone API.
- Select the specific action by clicking on the column to trigger the action, such as “phone number”.
- Connect your Reverse Phone API account by providing the necessary API key from Trestle.
- In the configuration, use the phone number from the trigger step (Google Sheets) as the input for the API request.
- You can connect multiple actions to this workflow. We have added an action to update the corresponding Google Sheets row with information obtained in the previous action (i.e., Trestle’s Reverse Phone).
Action Step (Google Sheets)
- Choose “Google Sheets” as the action app.
- Select the action event based on what you want to do with the enriched lead data. For example, you can use “Update Spreadsheet Row” to add the enriched data in the corresponding row for each phone number.
- Connect your Google Sheets account and select the spreadsheet and sheet where you want to store the enriched lead data.
- Map the relevant fields from the API response to the appropriate columns in your Google Sheet.
Testing and Deployment
- Test your Zap to ensure that the data flows correctly from the trigger to the actions.
- Once the test is successful, turn on your Zap to start automating the lead enrichment process.