As an identity data company, one of Trestle’s biggest areas of focus is data sourcing. For every 10 data sources looked at, only one of them is chosen based on many different criteria. A few of this criterion includes: data provenance, right to redistribute or resell, coverage and accuracy, and information impact and value.
This high bar ensures we can provide industry-leading coverage and accuracy at an enterprise scale that businesses can rely on for their mission-critical applications. Of course, we cannot provide the names of our data sources, but they generally fall in the following categories:
- Property files at state and county levels
- National Change of Address (NCOA) database
- Sources providing strong identity relationships, such as utility, cable, and financial organizations
- Phone network operators that compliantly work with various carriers in the U.S. to provide specific services
- Credit bureaus and credit header files
Today, we source data from ~15 data providers for the attributes provided on our APIs. This continues to grow every quarter as we expand our footprint and focus on a constant improvement every day.