In today’s digital age, building trust and ensuring the authenticity of users is crucial for businesses. One effective way to do that is through implementing a phone verification API, like Trestle’s Real Contact API. This guide will explore why phone verification matters, its benefits for businesses, and its use cases to strengthen trust in online communications.
Understanding Phone Verification API
What is a Phone Verification API?
A phone verification API allows businesses and developers to integrate phone number verification functionality into their applications. The primary purpose of this API is to confirm the users’ authenticity by verifying their phone numbers during the registration or authentication process. It makes sure the phone number is up-to-date, active, and belongs to the person or business who he/she is saying they are. Reaching active, connected phone numbers and intended contact can help improve operational efficiency, increase conversions, and reduce abuse.
How Phone Verification APIs Work
There are two different types of phone verification APIs: active and passive. Active verification requires the user to take action, like entering a code received via SMS or voice call. It’s secure but can be inconvenient for users, adding friction and potentially lowering conversion rates. Passive verification, like Real Contact API, uses authoritative data and machine learning techniques to assess phone numbers without user input. It’s seamless for users and is incredibly accurate. Trestle’s Real Contact API offers a passive approach with valuable data insights beyond simple verification. However, in the case where the passive way of verification results in a mismatch or anomaly, an added layer of verification through active, two-factor authentication is typically added in the waterfall.
Understanding Passive Phone Verification through Real Contact API
Why Phone Verification Matters
In lead verification and outbound dialing use cases, businesses are having difficulty getting their customers to pick up the phone. Considering that 30% of data added to CRMs is bad, and 60% of CRM data is outdated within two years, it is increasingly important for businesses to verify phone numbers before contacting leads and existing customers. With a solution like Real Contact API, businesses can prioritize the leads based on the contact grade, which grades the contactability of the lead on a scale of A to F. On the most basic level, Grade-A leads need to be prioritized, and Grade-F leads need to be deprioritized, or more friction can be added for those leads via active verification techniques like 2FA.
Benefits of Real Contact API for Businesses:
- Increase Contact Rates: As stated previously, businesses are having a difficult time getting customers to pick up the phone. Real Contact API grades the lead based on its contactability, so by contacting the Grade A leads, businesses will have a 2-3x higher contact rate compared to generic call patterns.
- Confirm Compliance: Real Contact API provides phone verification so businesses can confirm the phone still belongs to the person they intend to reach and that it has not changed hands or been reassigned. That ensures right party compliance for outbound dialers and text messaging.
- Minimize Lead Waste: Real Contact API improves the efficiency and effectiveness of lead generation efforts. By targeting the right audience and generating higher-quality leads, businesses will have higher conversion rates because they will buy and engage with leads with the highest chance of converting.
- Enhanced Security: Real Contact API verifies the phone number, so you can ensure that users are providing valid and active phone numbers, reducing the risk of fake accounts and abuse.
- Increased Sales Morale: Since Real Contact API identifies the most contactable leads, sales and agent morale improves from the increased answer rates.
- Scalability: Real Contact API, along with all of our APIs, are low-latency and can easily scale to whatever business needs you may have.
- Flexible Integration Options: Real Contact API has real-time data, supports batch processing, and can easily be integrated with the help of a developer.
Use Cases for Real Contact API
One of the primary use cases we see for our phone verification API is lead verification and prioritization. Any company buying or selling leads, for example, insurance companies, would greatly benefit from Real Contact API. Outbound dialing companies are also a great fit since they constantly call people to prospect and communicate with them. By not dialing the phone numbers with a low phone activity score or a Grade-D or F lead, businesses will not only save time and money, but they will also spend their time contacting those who are most likely to answer and convert.
Implementing a phone verification API like Real Contact API is a strategic option for businesses looking to increase answer rates and prioritize their best leads. By investing in a phone verification API, businesses can significantly improve their operational strategies and enhance customer communications.